Tuesday, November 6, 2018

What if the world is a simulation?

Based on the video, I do not believe the world is a simulation.  This just seems as a theory that is overthought, and not true.  I do not think it is possible for the world to be a simulation, because not all of the world is concrete, and none of it is false or imaginative.  When he displays the "Simulation Argument" and states 3 ideas where he believes at least one must be true, I disagree. I do not think it is possible for any of his points to be proven.  The third idea he states is that, "Any entities with our general set of experiences are most certainly in a simulation."  This can be disproved because my friends who could be referred to as "entities" have never told me or felt, that I am aware of, that they have experienced "fake" events like simulations.  This seems impossible and unrealistic.  The man in the video argues that humans will make realistic simulations in the future, also.  This could be a possibility, however, we are not really sure because no one knows what the future is capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment