Thursday, November 29, 2018

Music

I would like to add Shakira to the Latin World movement.  In this past years, I believe she has contributed a lot to the world of Latin music and deserves recognition for it.  I have always enjoyed listening to Shakira since I was young.  My dad has been fond of her also because she is half Lebanese, and he was born there so he likes to see that his heritage is being embraced with her music.  I think it is also interesting to know that she can belly dance, and was influenced by this from her Lebanese grandmother.  I admire that she can speak many languages, and has songs in English and Spanish.  I feel her music fits with technology and electronic music because her music is very modern and incorporates many different sounds and instruments.  The beats in her songs are very upbeat and have a catchy rythmn.  I can tell when hearing her songs that she incorporates different genres of music into her songs.  Some of the sounds are probably electronic and not real, but this makes the music more interesting and enjoyable to listen to.  She put a very modern spin on Latin music and made her mark in the music field.
"Hips Don't Lie" is my favorite song by her, because it is very upbeat and pleasant.  The video is very detailed and shows her having a good time and dancing with the rest of the video cast.  This song was very popular when it came out, and still is.  This came out in 2009.  The Latin roots in this song are very noticeable.





This is another song that Shakira is featured in.  It is a Spanish song and I think it is very catchy.  This song came out in 2016, and it is another one of my favorite songs with her in it.  It is called "La Bicicleta" and it is by Carlos Vives and Shakira.

No comments:

Post a Comment